Sunday Scopitone!

For your enjoyment, in addition to our usual fare, each Sunday we will feature a Scopitone video. Though not actually from television variety shows, these enchanting musical numbers are too fun not to share! (Susan Sontag mentioned Scopitones in her acclaimed Notes on Camp. Need we say more?) We commence this new series with a popular classic by the lovely and talented Joi Lansing.



In an effort to tie this in to our regular programming, below is a clip from The Hollywood Palace, with Ann Miller taking the same song and making it uniquely her own. It's quite fabulous and insane.

6 comments:

  1. I think I just overdosed on campness... Jx

    PS You chose your tribute well - it's eight years to the day that Miss Miller died. RIP indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of overdoses, I had a lover who did too much acid, thought he was a spider and constructed a web in his room.

    But that is a tale for another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe this song was in Spiderman: The Musical, but I could be mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the only thing Annie was ever trapped in was an AquaNet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, darlings... you are too fast for me! I planned to post the Ann Miller video for Valentines. If you care to, please feel free to imbed a little upgrade for our dear Annie.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoT9T3m48

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohbutyes, that is soooo much better! Thank you so very much!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete